Total Pageviews

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Welcome Knitters, Britters, and lovers of all things uniquely soft cuddly and BRITISH!

Welcome to my new Blog, Rule Knittania, the only blog on the interweb dedicated to the exploration of Britain's wonderful and quirky history, customs and its people through the medium of knitting.

As a keen rogue knitter, and being a man, I have found that traditional knitting of garments, sweaters, socks and the like has not really been my cup of tea.  Nonetheless, I do love the soft feel of warm natural yarns between my fingers, and the delight of listening to the soothing click clack of my favourite number 4 needles whilst watching my favourite telly.  So naturally, my life's work in knitting has taken a more adventurous direction, and this, dear enthusiast, I would like to share with you.

A couple of years ago, I embarked upon an ambitious project; to knit the Crown Jewels of the Royal house of Windsor.  Not an original pattern, the madness originating from Nicolette McGuire in her epic and hilarious volume Royal Knits given to me by me dear friend Bunny McKoy.


A devilshly complex project, complete with knitted baubles, golden thread soft mohair trimmings and a rear opening that allows the item to be used as a tea cosy, my Crowning Glory has been admired by visitors to my home for the past 6 years.

I aim now to build on my collection of knitted artifacts that are uniquely British. I will document and hopefully discuss ideas, patterns and techniques with my friends and other knitting enthusiasts on this site. I aim to review books, websites and other blogs that deal with Britain, the Monarchy and knitting in general. A rather spiffing ride dont you think?

RATHER!

Eddie Knittster.

No comments:

Post a Comment